Did you know that part of the pain you experience prior to visiting a chiropractor Keto is caused by inflammation? Therefore, if you can find ways to reduce the inflammatory process, you will experience less pain.
Researchers as early as 2015 from the National Institute of Health discovered that a keto diet has anti-inflammatory properties; therefore, to reduce inflammation consider the keto diet.
Why is inflammation bad for your body?
- Inflammation puts stress on your on your body
- Weakens your immunity
- Prevents the body from functioning at its optimum
What are some of the goods that increase inflammation?
- Refined grains
- Food additives
What are the best anti-inflammatory keto-friendly foods?
- Ginger root
- Macadamia nuts
- Avoid unhealthy fats-use only MCT oil, coconut oil, olive oil, organic ghee from grass fed cows, grass fed butter, palm oil from sustainable sources
- Green leafy vegetables-kale, spinach, chard, mustard greens, romaine lettuce and other leafy greens are extremely rich in anti-inflammatory polyphenols. These vegetables are also rich in antioxidants that repair and fend off the damage of free radicals, such as beta carotene, and vitamins C, E and K.
Leafy greens also provide some magnesium, which helps prevent chronic inflammation.Check out this delicious recipe, using salmon and a healthy fat, grass-fed butter, courtesy of Corina Nielsen:
REFRESHING SMOKED SALMON KETO AVOCADO TOAST
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 slices 1x
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
- 2 medium slices Perfect Keto almond flour bread
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 small cucumber (thinly sliced or cut into thin ribbons)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh dill
- 1/2 tablespoon capers (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced red onion
- Generously butter two slices of Perfect Keto almond flour bread and toast until golden brown.
- Scoop out avocado onto each slice of bread and mash with a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add cucumber and smoked salmon slices. Add a pinch of red pepper flake and more salt/pepper. Garnish with capers, fresh dill, and red onion.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 418
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 6g
- Protein: 22g